Sunday, February 25, 2007

weekend mania

Yay! It's the weekend!.... Ok, so actually it's the end of the weekend, but that's how it goes. Well, like I said we had a busy weekend plannned and it didn't stray too far from our expecations. Friday night we hung out for a while waiting to take Sage to an all night Girl Guides event. Turns out they did a few more things than just ride the bus and go the pharmacy. We dropped Sage off at the bowling alley to start with and on the way, she told us that they were also going to go to an all night vetrinary clinic of some sort and watch animal surgery, a trip to Wendy's was planned at some point as well. Seemed like some good times. Amanda and I came back and watched a movie; Kill Bill vol. II, and then got a few hours sleep before Amanda got back up to pick up Sage at 7am. YUCK! I of course slept in :D We slept for a few more hours and then spent the rest of the day. Running Sage back and forth to various play dates and picking up her friends, but we did make a trip to the mall in between there to pick me up a memory card for my PS2, as well as grab a pair of super hot boots for my lovely wife. We came home and Amanda decided that her hair was too long, so she asked me to cut it. I do have considerable hair cutting experience, but this was the first time I had attempted cutting a womans hair, so I was a wee bit nervous. But having a very encouraging wife with the utmost confidence in her husband gave me just the edge I needed and the whole project, though not speedy, turned out reasonably well. Not bad for my first attempt at cutting a womans hair... a trim really, and amanda mad a few snips herself.










Saturday night we all cruised out to Mosaic, amanda's church, and enjoyed worship, communion, teaching and fellowship. Afterwards, I played the part of a human jungle gym to the girls, Sage, her friend and some random kid from church that though the whole game looked like fun. Amanda caught up with friends she hadn't seen in a while and met a couple new people. Amanda wound up inviting a whole crew of flolks over to our home afterwards. It was SO much fun! There were like ten of us all milling about the house. We had snacks, wine, beer, conversation, laughter and generally good times. It was so nice to open up our home and really enjoy community and friends. I had been use to that coming from woodinville and the youth crew there, so it was really a treat to get to do something like that again. Amanda and I spent the majority of the evening talking to a lovely couple who has been doing a bit of traveling but are recently married themselves. It was nice to takl with them about life and marirage experiences. I really appreciated there honesty and candidness. I love people like that.



In the down time this weekend, Amanda has also been doing quite a bit of designing in preparation for possibly putting together a line of her own, as well as just having fun with a skill she is very profficient in and thourhoughly enjoys. She designed and made at least two different tops this weekend.




I on the other hand, made an attempt to rewiring the lights on my Honda. I was online looking at this Element owners club website, when I cam across this little "do it yourself" mods section, that gave all sorts of little instructions on things you could do to modify your E. I found one that told me, with pictures, how I could turn the lights on the sides of my fenders, which normally just are marker lights, into turn signal indicator lights. It looked simple enough even I could do it, so I rounded up the appropriate pieces after work and today it went out in the drizzle and started popping things out and clipping things and stripping things and crimping things. At the end of it all, I walkled away considerably longer than the "10minutes" the how-to instructions said it would take, but everything works like it said it would. So, i now have blinky lights. :D that makes me happy. 10xp toward electirician skill.

This mornnig we took sage and her friend over to her friends house to go on a short snowboarding trip, then came home worked on the car and the designing and also worked in a bit of a yoga work out, which as I said before, is suprisingly difficult considering the considerable lack of overall movement from one little mat. Now we are waiting for Sage to get home and will then most likely go into town and find an all you can eat sushi place for a late lunch/early dinner.

Ok, stay tuned, more to come.

;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice update, congrats on all.......we miss you, love mom

Brenda Joy said...

Amanda and I have the same haircuts ;-) We rock!


The place looks GREAT!!!!! :-) thanks for the snapshots of it :-)