
So I’m now married and living in Canada…. Yep, that pretty much sums it up. Ok, well, there is a bit more to it than that, but essentially, those are the major changes as of late. But, of course, most of you already know that.
To those of you who made it to the wedding; THANK YOU!!!! I was stoked to see so many of my friends and family all together and hanging out! Amanda and I really enjoyed having you all out! I want to have a wedding every year, just so I have an excuse to get everyone together for a big party. Next time we may even order enough food and have music the whole night ;)
Seriously, I had a great time and am so glad you all were there to share that moment with us. Also, thank you all for the generous gifts! We love them and the official “Thank You” cards should be out before too long.
As you can see on Brenda and Royden’s blogs, Royden and Ruth did some pretty stellar photography at our little shin-dig. I absolutely love the photos and can’t thank them enough! You all should check out his blog for a smorgasbord of delectable visual treats. Oh and by the way, if you have any snapshots from the wedding please, please, please feel free to share them with us! I love pictures and think it would be great to see a little something from everyone’s perspective that night. You can email them to me at chas.buchanan@gmail.com
Ah, now on to life…. I am working in Bellingham, doing the same type of job I was before, just making a bit more money doing it. I do have an hour commute twice a day, which kinda blows, but hopefully it’s only temporary. Amanda and I have been getting use to living with another person, which is a bit of an adventure for both of us since we are both rather independent people. But overall married life seems to agree with me :D
Within the first two weeks of living in the new place, Amanda had unpacked everything, arranged everything, had us paint two entire rooms and started decorating…. Yeah, I know, total over achiever. Typically, when I move, after the end of the first month I’m thinking “hmm… maybe I should try and get a few of these boxes unpacked.” Ahhh… but wow, the house is lookin’ pretty sharp and I enjoy coming home to a place that feels like a home. Thanks honey!
We did Christmas up in Van this year with some of Amanda’s family (Gerry-dad, Taryn-sis, Megan-sis, Nathan-bro). It was a fun time and gave us a chance to break in our new digs.
Amanda’s Mom (or “mum” for you Canadians) came up shortly after to help us start getting ready for the wedding. We had a fun little New Year’s hanging out with the fam.
The wedding, again, I enjoyed immensely! Thanks again to all who helped with set up and clean up and working logistics. You are all gems!
After the wedding Amanda and I spent a lovely night and morning at the Bellweather Hotel in the Light House Condo. It was AMAZING! Wow, such a great experience! We would definitely like to go back there. We also had a bit of an adventure that evening when we tried to locate some food, but I think I’ll share that on a separate post.
Puerto Vallarta was….. pretty good. Had a good time, but don’t think I’d go back. At least not to the same area. Something about being met by a conman straight off the plane IN THE AIR FREAKING PORT, that just sours your taste for the place right away. Especially when that seemed to be the general attitude of most of the people there. “here, buy this, but at an inflated price because I know you can afford it so I want to rip you off” grrrrrrr! Oh, word to the wise, "honeymooners" is synonymous with "suckers". NEway, the merchants were a bit too much for me. Other than that though, the sun was great, the food was very decent, the ocean was neat and the boat rides were uber fun! I also spent almost two days sick in bed after getting a bit of food poisoning I think, so that wasn’t so great. Amanda had a fabulous time though. The heat and sun really made her come alive! She had a great time, wandering around the city, exploring shops and stands, riding in a taxi without a seatbelt, kayaking, boogie boarding, buying stuff. Now I know my wife is hott, but wow, I swear we couldn’t walk down the street without every male we passed gawking at her. I’m a large fellow, but no matter, it was like I wasn’t even there. Haha, my wife has a very international appeal apparently. She warned me this would happen, but I was floored when I saw how true it was.
NEway, it was a nice break from the norm and the sun was good for us. We were welcomed back to Seattle, a week later, with snow flurries and below freezing weather. Yuck! But it’s nice to be back and around friends and family.
Ok, enough for now. I’ll add more wedding pics soon. Take care!
To those of you who made it to the wedding; THANK YOU!!!! I was stoked to see so many of my friends and family all together and hanging out! Amanda and I really enjoyed having you all out! I want to have a wedding every year, just so I have an excuse to get everyone together for a big party. Next time we may even order enough food and have music the whole night ;)
Seriously, I had a great time and am so glad you all were there to share that moment with us. Also, thank you all for the generous gifts! We love them and the official “Thank You” cards should be out before too long.
As you can see on Brenda and Royden’s blogs, Royden and Ruth did some pretty stellar photography at our little shin-dig. I absolutely love the photos and can’t thank them enough! You all should check out his blog for a smorgasbord of delectable visual treats. Oh and by the way, if you have any snapshots from the wedding please, please, please feel free to share them with us! I love pictures and think it would be great to see a little something from everyone’s perspective that night. You can email them to me at chas.buchanan@gmail.com
Ah, now on to life…. I am working in Bellingham, doing the same type of job I was before, just making a bit more money doing it. I do have an hour commute twice a day, which kinda blows, but hopefully it’s only temporary. Amanda and I have been getting use to living with another person, which is a bit of an adventure for both of us since we are both rather independent people. But overall married life seems to agree with me :D
Within the first two weeks of living in the new place, Amanda had unpacked everything, arranged everything, had us paint two entire rooms and started decorating…. Yeah, I know, total over achiever. Typically, when I move, after the end of the first month I’m thinking “hmm… maybe I should try and get a few of these boxes unpacked.” Ahhh… but wow, the house is lookin’ pretty sharp and I enjoy coming home to a place that feels like a home. Thanks honey!
We did Christmas up in Van this year with some of Amanda’s family (Gerry-dad, Taryn-sis, Megan-sis, Nathan-bro). It was a fun time and gave us a chance to break in our new digs.
Amanda’s Mom (or “mum” for you Canadians) came up shortly after to help us start getting ready for the wedding. We had a fun little New Year’s hanging out with the fam.
The wedding, again, I enjoyed immensely! Thanks again to all who helped with set up and clean up and working logistics. You are all gems!
After the wedding Amanda and I spent a lovely night and morning at the Bellweather Hotel in the Light House Condo. It was AMAZING! Wow, such a great experience! We would definitely like to go back there. We also had a bit of an adventure that evening when we tried to locate some food, but I think I’ll share that on a separate post.
Puerto Vallarta was….. pretty good. Had a good time, but don’t think I’d go back. At least not to the same area. Something about being met by a conman straight off the plane IN THE AIR FREAKING PORT, that just sours your taste for the place right away. Especially when that seemed to be the general attitude of most of the people there. “here, buy this, but at an inflated price because I know you can afford it so I want to rip you off” grrrrrrr! Oh, word to the wise, "honeymooners" is synonymous with "suckers". NEway, the merchants were a bit too much for me. Other than that though, the sun was great, the food was very decent, the ocean was neat and the boat rides were uber fun! I also spent almost two days sick in bed after getting a bit of food poisoning I think, so that wasn’t so great. Amanda had a fabulous time though. The heat and sun really made her come alive! She had a great time, wandering around the city, exploring shops and stands, riding in a taxi without a seatbelt, kayaking, boogie boarding, buying stuff. Now I know my wife is hott, but wow, I swear we couldn’t walk down the street without every male we passed gawking at her. I’m a large fellow, but no matter, it was like I wasn’t even there. Haha, my wife has a very international appeal apparently. She warned me this would happen, but I was floored when I saw how true it was.
NEway, it was a nice break from the norm and the sun was good for us. We were welcomed back to Seattle, a week later, with snow flurries and below freezing weather. Yuck! But it’s nice to be back and around friends and family.
Ok, enough for now. I’ll add more wedding pics soon. Take care!
2 comments:
I am so happy you blogged :-D
Me too!! we've been missing it.....and so does this mean that you'll be down here for Christmas next year..?? 8 ) love mom
Post a Comment