Wow... what a great weekend!
So, as of sunday, I have successfully survived 28 years of life. I reflected on my birthday for all of about 15 seconds just now and I came up with no great revelations. So I'm going to take that as meaning that this birthday was like every other day and not really of any particular significance. Hahaha, ah... I guess some people like making big deals out of birthdays but I really just don't see what all the fuss is about... well, usually at least. Regardless, thhis year my birthday was spent in Vancouver, BC with Amanda and Sage and I had a fabulous time.
Saturday morning I slept in then drove up north. Got into Vancouver around 1030 and then proceeded to not to a whole heck of a lot of anything, haha, and it was oh so nice. Well, I mean, we did little trips here and there and got some food and went on a walk to the botanical gardens, but mainly it was just a pleasure to have a nice relaxing weekend with low stress and good company. Saturday night i even got to attend Mosaic, Amanda's church, and meet several new people and share communion with them. Afterwards we hung out at what I believe was a vegetarian bar... if I'm remembering right, NEway, the nachos were great and the beer was very good.
Sunday was also very chill. Good morning of coffee and chilling, followed by a walk down the street to a little diner for some brunch. The weather was beautiful and sunny and warm. A good day for walking hand in hand with a beautiful woman. Then we did one of my most favorite things ever. We went for a hike! Yep, we cruised over to west vancouver area and went to lighthouse park where some of us scampered, some of us hopped and some of us climbed all over country side and wooded trails and rocks and trees. There is something so peacful about the forests in the northwest. So that was just lovely and then we went back and Amanda made a fine meal of curry and prawns and veggies. (I LOVE CURRY!) Oh, and btw, I am now a proffessional prawn de-husker, thanks to the expert toutalage of my girlfriend. The rest of the evening was O so wonderful as well. But alas I had to drive home so I could get up for work the next day.
So it was a great weekend with two of my favorite people. I thouroughly enjoyed my time up north. Thank you all for your birthday wishes! I'm sorry I didn't return or answer any calls, but roaming charges out of the country are just awful, I hope you understand.
This week looks to be fair. Last night was hanging out with the HS crew (some of the smartest and most inquisitive people I know). Followed by a chat with amanda and a couple hours of video games before bed. I feel rather rested today and after work this eveing I'll be heading down to one of the cooler bars in the area, the Roanoke on Mercer Island, to play some cribbage with my buddy Aaron and Josh and Brenda. MMmmm... burgers there are great! Hopefully the weather will cooperate with us but if not, at least it was a nice morning and I'll be spending the afternoon with friends. Community is such a blessing. God really knew what he was doing when he put more than one of us on the planet.
Ok, time to start work now. I hope you all have a great day.
PS: BTW, I went to my sister's plays, that she wrote, this last thursday and they were great! I'm very happy for her. She did such a fine job! I even have them on DVD now (my birthday present) so if you come for a visit, expect to sit down for a bit and watch them, cuz I'm deffinately showing everyone I can!
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment