I got started on the main story line of the game and about two levels into it I was hooked. Cool story video, sweet weapons, challenging missions, but and a slightly slower pace than my normal favorite shoot 'em up or racing video games. This was a strategy game. You control one army, complete with infantry, artilary, air support, naval, tanks, guns, radar, everything! You methondically prepped your army, developed it, startegically placed it and then ultimately attacked the opposing army.
I played till noon. Kev came back, grabbed some more books, asked if I wanted to grab some food, I said nah, he left, i kept playing. Kev came back after lunch, to study some more. I hardly noticed him. I kept playing. Kev finished a final, came back, dropped off his bag and drug me out to grab food. Then I came back, he studied, I gamed. Kev finally kicked me out around 11, saying he had to sleep so he could go to a final the next morning.

That game, Command and Conquer: Red Alert. Totally addicting. There have been several different additions and spin offs of this game through the years, and I've played several of them while killing time in college. Essentially the same game as it ever was, truth be told, but I love each one just the same. So you can imagine my reaction when I learned recently through my friend Josh, that they had just come out with a new version of C&C, this one for the X box 360. I immediately came home, down loaded the demo, played it, loved it. Same as it eva wuz. NEway, so today I couldn't wait to run out and grab a copy of the full game. Picked one up at lunch.
I now look forward to hours upon hours of wonderful wonderful thumb cramping, couch indenting, mindless fun..... Poor Amanda.
2 comments:
you can have fun when she's sewing..... love you , mom
LOL! Yay! You can game with my hubby on line!!!
We played xbox together for like 10 minutes Friday night. It was an arcade game, I hit x and my ship connected to his (good because I cannot steer) and all I had to do was keep my thumb on the button that made my planes gun fire. Hahaha :-)
Post a Comment