Saturday, September 16, 2006

couch mornings

two blogs in one week? I know, i was shocked too. But as i sit/lay here on my uber cumffy couch with my cup of hot coffee and the sun shining in my living room window through the trees, I couldn't help but think, "man, what a good time to write". Not to mention i was a little inspired by Danielle's latest blog. Kudos D, and sorry you're sick.

Thus.... i write.

As to what i write this morning, that has yet to be determined and i think this will be a rambling blog that figures itself out as it goes. Feel free to discontinue reading at any point as this, in all likely hood, may go absolutely no where.

I'll start with new news. I put an ad on Craig's list. Two actually, one regarding me needing an apt/room in bellingham for a couple months and one looking for a good home for my pooch. Yes, I'm trying to find Logun a new home. I just can't keep up with him, a new job, a move, a new wife and daughter and a new house. So, though i love him, I need to find him a place where he'll be better off than he would be in my crazy busy life. So, if anyone knows of someone interested in a great looking, smart, high energy german short haired pointer with basic training, great personality, AKC registry and is still breedable, Logun needs a good place to go run.

I did get a hit back on the apt in Bellingham, but I don't know if "Tucker" is keen on me only spending 4 months there. That'll be the trick I think. Finding short term housing.

As I sit and contemplate the direction my life is taking and the imminent changes that will take place, my head goes in two directions. Part of me reflects on all the things I love about Seattle and Woodinville and this whole area; the weather, the trees, the lakes, the pubs, the theatres, the parks, how close it is to the mountains, the down town scene, the shopping. Mainly I think about all the people here that I love and built relationships with. I think I will dedicate a whole entry just to the people I have to leave, so i won't go into too much detail on that now, apart from saying that it was a difficult decision to move away from here and i will miss them all very very much... and that is a gross understatment.

Then part of me invisions and looks forward to my future and all the reasons I'm leaving and what lies in store for me, namely, Amanda. I love adventure, though I am sometimes reluctant to leave my comfort zone. Moving to Bellingham will be an adventure. New place, new job, new family. I will be marrying someone who I find intriguing and inspiring. She challanges me and pushes me to things I hadn't thought about. She grows me in ways that are subtle but significant. Knowing her and loving her is helping me to understand God's love more and that is significant beyond words. I look forward to the man I will become because of my life and experiences with my future wife Amanda. God has truly blessed me with someone who has the patience to deal with me and my moods and erraticness. I am looking forward to the adventures and growth that lie in store for us.

And Sage, Amanda's daughter, what a great kid. Tons of fun and a personable nature like I harldy ever see. It will be a privilage to be a part of her life and I'm sure there will be many fun times ahead of us as well. God help me though, cuz I swore i was never gonna have a daughter. Haha, God has a wicked sense of humor some times, but he knows what's best for us.

Hmm... well this has taken significantly longer to write than i planned as i took several breaks to talk to Amanda and her sister Taryn (who is an intriguing, intelligent, fun and lovely young woman, i might add). So now i think i will change gears a bit and grab a book for a while while i finish the remainder of my pot of coffee and when that's gone, contemplate actually starting my day.

shalom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Couch mornings are great.....I'm glad you got to slow down just for a while.....love mom