
so, per ususal, my life has been tres occupae. (i'm learning to speak french. unfortunately i'm not really learning to read or write french).
So let's see.... AH!, yes, the stuff i couldn't tell everyone before i now can! So, here's the skinny. Some weeks ago, my fiance' Amanda and I decided that the best thing for us to do would be to get married and then move to Bellingham, WA. There was a long deliberation process, looking at all the angles we could think of, that got us to that point. I won't bore you with the details, but let's just suffice it to say that this is where we, above all things, feel like God is leading us... for now.
That means that i will most likely be selling my house. As of last Friday, I have accepted a postition with a medical group of about 60 Dr's up in that area. I will be starting work on October 9th. So, i'll most likely have to find a room to rent up there for a couple months until Amanda and I get married, then I'll move in with her and Sage and commute from Vancouver (this is the plan anyway).
Ok, so that was kind of the big news. Also, My darling Amanda did an amazing job of finding a place for us to have the wedding. It's a place up in Bellingham and we have a date too! January 6th. The place is beautiful! So, mark your calanders ;)

Ok, so then two weekends ago Amanda, Sage and I drove down to Portland, OR for my friend Kim's wedding. It was a traditional formal Vietnamese wedding. Very fun! The place was wonderfully decorated, the food was delicious, the hosts were welcoming and the bride was stunning! Amanda and I had a lovely time chatting with the folks at the wedding. Some of my friends from work were there. Sage did a great job of sitting still for a rather long time before asking to be excused to play with a bunch of random kids she'd never met. Hahaha!, That girl amazes me! She's so social. I could never have just ran up to a bunch of random kids and started hanging out and playing with them. I was way too shy. NEway, so we all had a pretty darn good time at the wedding.

After the wedding we drove down to Salem to stay the night at my parents house. They have plenty of room in their new place. We all just hung out and chatted for pretty much the whole day Sunday. Sage hung out with my sis upstairs playing video games and looking at swords ;) The "adults" sat down stairs and talked and talked and talked and talked. It was good to catch up with everyone. My aunt and uncle from Lyons, my cuz and his new wife and my aunt from Cali all stopped by for a visit and to meet the new soon to be members of our family. It was quite and enjoyable trip.

Then the next week, I worked all of 1 day, then had an interview at the place where I accepted the job, then i hopped on a plane for Monteray, CA. My good friend Jeremiah got married on Friday. It was great, our mutual friends Todd and Jeff from up here all hopped on the same plane and then hung out in CA for the weekend. Basically we just sat around drinking wine and talking the whole time, so it was quite a relaxing trip.
Friday I got a call from my jewler, to let me know that Amanda's ring had been appraised and resized and refinished and was ready to be picked up. I knew i wasn't going to be able to get back in time on Saturday to pick it up, so i asked my good good good good good friend Brenda if she we be the coolest person in the world and stop by and pick the ring up for me. She said yes and then procured the package ;) and then i picked it up from her and Josh that night when I got back. Then, as I said I would, I drove the ring straight to Amanda as soon as i got it in my hot little hands. I wasn't able to get a hold of her on the phone, so me showing up on her doorstep around 1130 just as her friends from church were leaving, was a bit of a surprise, haha, but a welcome one from what i could tell ;) She loved the ring and it made me so happy to know that she liked it. We hung out and met up with her dad and sister Taryn the next day. That was my first time meeting Taryn. Very cool lady, relaxed, personable and fun! Her Dad treated us to dinner and then we all head out our seperate ways.
And now it's this week and back into the mix. I got a bit of a work out in last night and am feeling pretty good today because of it. Trying to get more wedding and moving stuff organized, but it's a slow process. NEway, just wanted to give you all an update. Thanks for praying for us and checking up on us.
Shalom
3 comments:
Yea, I am a pretty cool friend, aren't I :-) heheh "linda ?" NO BRENDA! ehehhee
I am happy you blogged. Been way too long. Now all the glory details are out and about :-)
I am so happy for you both!!!!! I cannot wait until January 6th!!!!
I agree, Brenda saves your butt a lot.... 8 ) Thanks for the updated blog, love to read 'em.....love mom Cool pics, you all looked great for the wedding.....
haha, yeah she does. Thanks Mo!
Post a Comment