Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Have you ever....

Made a complete fool of yourself?

So, i'm standing in the checkout line at Safeway last night. I had just got done talking on the cell phone with T for the past 20 minutes while walking aimlessly around from the wine section, through the bakery, past the meat and over to the pasta and back, while discussing tactics for playing Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. So i have my 5 items and am waitin pateintly behind this guy and this gal who appear to be friends and are chatting it up. The guy gets done and walks off with his stuff. She moves up with her groceries and mine roll forward on the little conveyr belt thingy, while i wait patiently with my credit card and safeway club card at the ready so as to expidte the grocery buying process as quick as possible, despite the fact that i just spent the last 20minutes wandering around on the phone... irony is fun. NEway, so the checker gets done ringing her up and asks "do you have a club card?" and the gal is like ".... uh... yeah... I think, somewhere, but i don't know where..." and the checker's like "... hmm... well, what about a phone number?" but the gal wasn't paying attention cuz she had turned to yell at the guy who had just walked off "hey (insert randome guy name) can you bring your card back. Dude was like ".... what?". (we are wasting precious seconds of our TIME here PEOPLE! Can't you SEE this?!?!?!?!?!) I figure i could speed this whole process along by just handing the clerk my card. That would save everyone a whole lot of trouble right? Right. I thought so too. So i hold my card out and the checker totally doesn't see me.... more wasted time. I hold it higher.... still doesn't see me..... (I'm 6ft 5in coverd in tatoos for goodness sake!!!) I hold it out more and kind of shake it a little bit and mutter "here...". Clerk finally sees me "ah, here we go, this'll work." (No freakin' Duh!) Now comes the stupid part. I have no idea why, maybe it had something to do with the fact that i was all flusterd from having to wait and then not being noticed and... whatever, but the gal turns to me and very politely says "thankyou" and for some reason, I completely scrunch up my face eyes and pooch out my lips a completely exagerated overly magnanamous look of "no problem" and then say absolutely nothing. She kinda looked at me gave a half smile and carried on about paying.

Maybe it wasn't that funny after all, but it was one of those moments where you are just like "....why the hell did i just do that?"

NEway, just wanted to share that with ya.

3 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

I don't know.. the description of 6'5'' and covered and tatoos, yet unnoticed made me giggle. thanks.

caramac said...

ha ha ha ha ha. I think the thing people like hearing about most on our blogs is our stupid humanness (and that includes the mute scrunched up face looks).

Anonymous said...

i don't get it. what face did you make? exasperated? threatening? ...i need a refresher on your faces i guess....

but i like the impatience thing, that is ridiculous.