Thursday, July 19, 2007

Free time

Let's see... what's been happening up here in the land O' the maple leaf? Well, recently, my lovely family and I took a flight to souther Cali to visit the family. Amanda's step sister was getting married and we thought it would be a good excuse to come down and visit. We all had a great time. We got to spend time with Brenda and Joe and some extended family. I got to meet up with my sister. Amanda got to go shopping for material for her sleepwear line. Sage got to be the center of attention and hop around like a crazy person and go swimming and shopping and just have lots of fun in general. I got to enjoy the sun, go swimming, read, drink good beer and enjoy getting to know this side of the family a little bit better. We came back on a tuesday night and Taryn was nice enough to come pick us up.

Just two days after returning from Cali, Sage went out to her Grandfather's house up north. Kalona I believe... a few hours north of here in what i think they call "the interior". It sounds nice. She'll play with friends, hang out with her grandparents, go swimming, play with cousins. Sounds like a blast to me. Amanda and I, on the other hand, get to have quite a bit of fun ourselves. We have already gone out to a BBQ on the beach, stayed out late with friends, and enjoyed having some couple time. We'll most likely be taking a trip down to Seattle soon and maybe even squeez in a hiking trip if I can get my act together and arrange it.

Lately I've been coming home at night and having fun working on my car. I'll post some pics soon. I'm no mechanic and really not even mechanically inclined, but i enjoy the challenge of doing something new to my car to make it look different. Wiring lights has been my latest challenge. I learned what a relay is and how to wire one (though it isn't the prettiest one you've ever seen). It's keeping me busy though and out of my wife's hair while she works on her sleepwear stuff. She's got a lot to get ready for an upcoming fashion show she was invited to be a part of in NEW YORK CITY! My wife's awesome!

Hmm... upcoming... well, it's the weekend, so i'm sure there will be more car projects when I get home and then some relaxing. The new Harry Potter movie is out and I still haven't seen it. Also, the new Harry Potter book should be coming out in a few days, so I'll be consumed with that shortly too.

Ok, more later.

3 comments:

Brenda Joy said...

pictures.... we need pictures... .and ny? wow, very cool!

Anonymous said...

Congrats all around, that is so awesome.....car, NY, having fun......good to hear.....love mom

Amanda Boyd said...

brenda, when you said you need pictures did you really mean of photos of the e mods?